Sunday, February 18, 2018

Practise your Shooting Skills

Add caption
A few times I have been asked what a custom on-site slaughterman does in the off season. I'll answer that question here.

I work a regular job as a butcher in the Local Butcher shop in Merritt. In my spare time I maintain all my equipment needed for on-site livestock slaughtering and spend a lot of time at the local shooting range to practice my marksman skills.

Practicing my shooting skills is very important to me. I know that things can go wrong and as painful as it is, killing an animal not with the first shot can happen. BUT lack of shooting skills or simple ignorance never should be a reason for it. As ethical slaughtermen, it our moral duty to take the greatest care that no animal has to suffer a painful or prolonged dead, we have to make sure that every shot we take finds its mark. For this we need to practice our shooting skills, so when the moment of truth comes we can make that shot with the utmost confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring is the air

Went for a walk with my wife this afternoon. It looks like spring has started. This is the first warm day after a long winter with lots of s...